For over 30 years, Bill has been the go to guy when clients are faced with challenges that require change -- to improve passion, productivity and performance with their people and bottom line results.
Bill started his career in the advertising and marketing industry, where he was instrumental in reversing declining market share for a global beer brand, launching a new luxury automobile category, re-positioning Canada’s largest retailer, redefining government service delivery — and more.
In fact, he was given the most challenging accounts because of his history of success.
Not because of his advertising or marketing skills,
but because of his leadership and ability to inspire people to get things done.
Bill uses those same skills of marketing and persuasion to help clients create sustainable change in their organization to improve passion and productivity with their people and bottom line results.
As a leadership consultant, he has worked internationally at the highest levels as a trusted adviser to some of the world’s most recognized brands that include; Anheuser-Busch InBev, Toronto International Film Festival, HBC Rewards Loyalty & Credit Services, The Bay, McNeil Consumer Healthcare (J&J), Lexus automobiles, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Proctor & Gamble and Pita Pit International – as well as governments like the City of Toronto (CNE, Exhibition Place) and the Province of Ontario (Ontario Place, ServiceOntario).
In addition to working with both private and public sector organizations, Bill has sat on the Boards of multi-million dollar private corporations and not-for-profits, where he worked with the senior leadership to use his proven skills to influence and bring about necessary change at every level.
His clients appreciate his real-world experience and no nonsense approach — when Bill speaks, people listen; minds open, attitudes change – and things get done.
What does that mean to you?
Bill has walked in your shoes — and has the battle scars to prove it. He has rolled up his sleeves, asked the difficult, thought-provoking questions that moved clients to challenge their thinking, and brought about change that reflected positively on their bottom line.
Whether working with boards or operational teams, his no-excuse approach breaks down the barriers and gains consensus and clarity. This is what changes behaviour and will ultimately drive transformation across your organization.
Bill has an uncanny ability to stimulate profound change and deliver extraordinary results — that’s why they call him the Performance Excelerator™. He excelerates passion, productivity and performance with leaders and their teams, resulting in long-term, profitable relationships with customers.
Bill is a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA), Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) and the Global Speakers Federation (GSF).
In his limited free time he is active in his community, is a Level 2 ski instructor, plays hockey and has recently decided to ruin a perfectly good walk in the woods searching for a little white ball with dimples.
Click here to explore how Bill can help transform your organization.
Reflecting back on his career, Bill always sought the challenge of fixing things – whether it was broken or simply needed to move to the next level. Some specific examples of stimulating change include;
- Led the TIFF Board and leadership team in designing a customer-focused Visitor Experience Strategy as part of their move from a 19 day international film festival to a year round destination venue.
- Led executive team at Exhibition Place to create a more engaged, high-performing work environment.
- Facilitated the Ontario Place Board in their yearly Strategic Planning process which subsequently led to the new vision for Ontario Place
- Led the restructuring of hiring and on-boarding process for CNE to focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience resulting in a dramatic drop in customer complaints.
- Led re-branding for ServiceOntario, including all aspects of internal and external marketing and communication activities, implementation of employee training and recognition programs and the Customer Experience Office to establish and monitor service standards and re-define government service delivery model.
- Led the development of a global online experience for Stella Artois in 148 countries with localized content and languages.
- Developed the strategy and creative to re-position The Bay – Canada’s largest retailer in the face of significant competitive pressure.
- Championed the strategic change of positioning Home Outfitters from print driven, high/low pricing to every day value pricing, resulting in nomination as a finalist in the 2002 Retail Council of Canada Awards.
- Developed the first Direct-to-Consumer program for a prescription product (DDAVP) which created a new communication channel in a government regulated pharmaceutical category and stimulated the strongest yearly sales period resulting in annual program renewal based on ROI.
- Introduced 1999 model year of Kawasaki off-road motorcycles behind new image and positioning which resulted in the largest single sales day of motorcycles in Kawasaki history.
- Established one of the first “virtual” Agencies of the ‘90s and competed successfully for 7 years against full service agencies to deliver leading-edge marketing thinking and execution.
- Developed the original multi-million dollar database programs for Lever Canada and McNeil Consumer Products. Many elements of these programs are considered “firsts” within the industry and enabled cost effective database strategies for low margin packaged goods products.
- Led team that introduced Lexus in Canada and created awarding-winning general advertising and RSVP award-winning database program. 1st year sales targets achieved prior to the first vehicle arriving in Canada and launched a new luxury automotive category.
- Successfully re-positioned Budweiser to strategically and creatively differentiate Bud from the “me too” brands in the Canadian marketplace. “Bud Man” reversed a declining trend in Canadian market share, re-vitalizing a global beer brand and was subsequently used to launch the brand into European markets.
Purpose: To help people embrace change to achieve next level performance.
Mission: To stimulate change – to inspire passion and productivity with people and measurably improve bottom line results.
Passionate: We are committed to stimulating, motivating and inspiring change with energy and enthusiasm.
Proactive: We are responsive to your needs; resourceful in our solutions; purposeful in our results.
Practical: We apply cost effective methods that are proven, easy to implement and deliver a predictable outcome.
Partners: We are a valued resource who believes your self-directed growth is the path to our success.